Archive for September, 2010
auto from usa . order and sell online for Europe and Russia
Whole sale and retail car dealer from NJ. International and Local
$250 / month – desk for rent in Midtowb Manhattan Office. Near All transportation on 34 Street Subway and Broadway. Zip 10001. Next to Empire State Building.
our phone: 1-347-733-7881. Office spot – desk for rent.
The best place and address for desk office in Midtown Manhattan NYC.
Buzzmachine.com and JEFF JARVIS
JEFF JARVIS, author of What Would Google Do? (HarperCollins 2009), blogs about media and news at Buzzmachine.com. He is associate professor and director of the interactive journalism program and the new business models for news project at the City University of New York’s Graduate School of Journalism. He is consulting editor and a partner at Daylife, a news startup. He writes a new media column for The Guardian and is host of its Media Talk USA podcast. He consults for media companies. Until 2005, he was president and creative director of Advance.net, the online arm of Advance Publications. Prior to that, Jarvis was creator and founding editor of Entertainment Weekly; Sunday editor and associate publisher of the New York Daily News; TV critic for TV Guide and People; a columnist on the San Francisco Examiner; assistant city editor and reporter for the Chicago Tribune; reporter for Chicago Today. </p>
Business card design for Manhattan Fashion Magazine –
Business Plan Samples –
The Group Publishing, Inc. (Group Publishing) is the publisher of “Artists In Business” magazine. The magazine, which has already printed an initial issue in July/August 1996 is directed at artists at all levels of business throughout the United States. The management of Group Publishing is targeting a total combined circulation of “Artists In Business” of 206,000 in year one, increasing to 310,000 by the end of year three. The magazine will be published bi-monthly with increased press runs throughout the first three years. Sample distribution, organizational sales, and direct mail to targeted lists of artists will be utilized to build subscriptions.
In addition, Group Publishing will market books via direct marketing and through established artist distribution channels. The direct marketing of Group Publishing books will be implemented through its magazine readership base.
Publishing is a high profit and high margin business. The key to success is successful marketing. The Group has a highly focused multi-dimensional sales and marketing plan to build its total circulation base quickly. The same channels and methods were utilized to establish a circulation of 500,000 in the first year for the Visionary Artist’s periodical.
Successful execution of The Group’s plan will produce sales revenues of $3.1 million in year one, $4.8 million in year two, and $6.4 million in year three. Net profit will increase steadily over the next three years.
The highlights of the business plan are illustrated in the following chart. Sales, margins, and net profit increase each year. The lowest margins occur in year one, reflecting the marketing costs of building the circulation base.
The initial objectives of The Group are as follows:
- To raise seed capital of $150,000 to ensure publication by month two and to establish a cash reserve to market subscriptions.
- To have 90,000 subscribers by the end of year one through direct sampling and marketing.
- To have an additional 50,000 subscribers by the end of year one through organizational sales.
- To have 10,000 more two-year subscriptions sold.
- To publish two 36 page issues initially with press runs of 50,000 promotional copies each.
- To go to 48 pages by issue number three and increase press runs to 75,000 promotional copies.
- Increase to 100,000 promotional copies in issues five and six.
- Increase average ad page cost from $1,819 to $2,618 by the end of the first year.
- To sell an average of 17.5 ad pages per issue throughout year one.
“Artists In Business” magazine is for the artist who is a worker at any level. The magazine has a commitment to be a platform to profile artists who are representing artistic vision in the marketplace and who can both encourage and provide role models to other men and women. Group Publishing, through its magazine, books, and editorial content, will be a vessel to inform artists about artistic principles in everyday business and will encourage interaction among artists as business people. Our mission is to promote the concept of “community” in the workplace.
1.3 Keys to Success
The keys to success are:
- Attaining targeted circulation levels.
- Controlling costs while spending the maximum on subscription marketing in year one.
- Carefully monitoring response rates of all media executions.
- Follow-on marketing of two to four book titles in the first year.
- Attaining targeted advertising sales revenues.
- Having quality editorial content in each issue.
- Making all production and distribution dates in a timely fashion for each issue.
Business pitch advice
For a step-by-step tour of pitching your business, check out Tim Berry’s five-part article series on the art of the pitch.
Part 1: Be Specific & Concise
A clear, compelling business pitch starts with knowing what you want to say. What really matters …… ?
Part 2: Sell Yourself
Why you and not the other guy? What is it about your skills, experience, ideas, and approach that will make it all work?
Part 3: Sell Your Offering
This is the heart of your pitch: what do you offer, what problems or needs does it address, and who is going to want it?
Part 4: Close the Deal
Seal the deal with a strong finish and a compelling call to action. This is standard sales work: it’s time to ask for the order..
Part 5: Nail Your Delivery
Worried about choking? Practice your pitch until it’s solid, post it on our site, and get feedback right away to improve it.